Front Line Defenders provides rapid and practical support to human rights defenders at risk through:
- international advocacy on behalf of human rights defenders at risk, including emergency support for those in immediate danger;
- grants to pay for the practical security needs of human rights defenders;
- trainings and resource materials on security and protection, including digital security;
- rest, respite and other opportunities for human rights defenders dealing with extreme stress;
- opportunities for networking and exchange between human rights defenders, including at the biennial Dublin Platform;
- the annual Front Line Defenders Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk;
- an emergency 24-hour phone line for human rights defenders operating in Arabic, English, French, Russian and Spanish.